This free course will offer participants the opportunity to learn about and share with others the various aspects of bereavement, loss, and grief recovery. The program consists of 8 weekly sessions (90 minutes each), starting Wednesday, October 11. Course topics include:
• Oct. 11 – Understanding the Grief Experience
• Oct. 18 – Handling the Difficult Emotions of Grief
• Oct. 25 – Caring for the Whole Self
• Nov. 1 – Remembering the Person Who Died
• Nov. 8 – Making Needed Adjustments
• Nov. 15 – Managing the Stress of Change
• Nov. 22 – Preparing for Special Occasions
• Nov. 29 – Finding Meaning After Loss
This course is open to all Canadian residents. Participation in these sessions provides the opportunity to connect and share with others in a mutually beneficial peer support environment. To join this course you will need access to the internet or a phone. After submitting your registration, a confirmation e-mail will be sent to you with a link to join through Zoom. If you do not receive the e-mail, check your junk/spam folder, or call us at 204-614-8544.
(*Note that for confidentiality purposes, this program is not recorded and not available for offline viewing.)
Confidential registration form for online course.