April 8, 2020 – Parkland and The Pas Release
In response to the current COVID-19 situation, CMHA Swan Valley Branch has established its business continuity plan.
We will continue to provide modified support services in both our Peer Support and ECHO Housing programs while implementing prudent public health safety measures based on evidence and the best advice from public health experts.
CMHA Swan Valley Branch has transitioned to an essential services model by identifying which support services must be suspended and which must be modified during this time. All implemented suspensions and modifications will remain in effect until May 15, 2020 at this time. Public health Orders and/or recommendations will be implemented while we continue to deliver modified services to our community members and/or clients.
- All in-person group programs, activities, events, and presentations are postponed until further notice.
- Drop-in services are suspended.
- The practice of transporting participants and/or ECHO tenants in staff vehicles has been suspended.
- The doors of the CMHA Swan Valley Branch Regional Head Office at 524 Main Street in Swan River MB are locked with clear and visible signage on the doors including information on how to access services. This includes the HOPE Learning Centre Locations as well.
- The Doors to ECHO I Housing Complex at 123 1st Ave S.W. in Dauphin MB are locked with clear and visible signage on the doors including information on how to access Housing Staff and services.
- The Doors to ECHO II Housing Complex at 1327 1st Street North in Swan River MB are locked with clear and visible signage on the doors including information on how to access Housing Staff and services.
- The Doors to ECHO III Housing Complex at 135 1st Ave S.W. in Dauphin MB are locked with clear and visible signage on the doors including information on how to access Housing Staff and services.
- The Doors to ECHO IV Housing Complex at 1331 1st Street North in Swan River MB are locked with clear and visible signage on the doors including information on how to access Housing Staff and services.
- All out-of-town travel for conferences, presentations, training, and meetings have been cancelled.
- Peer Support services are available to anyone by telephone or other forms of technology such as Skype or Zoom (where suitable based on privacy requirements). The number to contact for regional Peer Support services is toll free at 1-800-880-0824.
- Crisis situations and one-to-one service needs will still be attended to on a case-by-case basis.
- Those that present at the CMHA Regional Head Office with service needs will be seen, service needs will be established, and an assessment of risk will be completed if necessary. Follow-up will occur through the Peer Support program or other service programs as required.
- HOPE Learning Centre courses are offered to community members on a schedule that is available on our website as well as social media accounts via Zoom.
- Support to Housing services will continue to be available to tenants of ECHO Housing Complexes. Support to Housing Services will be no longer than 10 minutes per tenant at a time and will be conducted in a common area that has been disinfected.
- Portable Housing Benefit supports including applications (over the phone or received by post mail or email), renewals and all communications as well as support will continue with no interruption. Communication between the Portable Housing Benefit staff and participants will be by phone or other forms of technology such as Skype (where suitable based on privacy requirements) until further notice due to staff not being able to travel to other communities during this time.
CMHA Swan Valley Branch will continue to monitor, review and update our plan to ensure we continue to meet the needs of our communities that we serve and do our part to contain the virus and support our collective community well-being.
Thank you to all our dedicated team members, volunteers, and community members for your support and cooperation. We know it is the teamwork and our collective efforts that will make a difference!
Anyone who has questions regarding suspended or modified services can contact the Executive Director for CMHA Swan Valley Branch at 204-734-2734 EXT: 1.