March 18, 2020 – Parkland and The Pas Region
COVID-19 Pandemic – CMHA Swan Valley Branch Business Continuity Plan
In response to the current COVID-19 situation, CMHA Swan Valley Branch has established its business continuity plan. We will continue to provide modified support services in both our Peer Support and ECHO Housing programs while implementing prudent public health safety measures based on evidence and the best advice from public health experts.
CMHA Swan Valley Branch has transitioned to an essential services model by identifying which support services must be suspended and which must be modified during this time. All suspended and modified services are effective immediately will remain in place until April 14, 2020. Public health recommendations will be implemented while we continue to deliver modified services to our community members and/or clients.
- All group programs, courses and training sessions at the HOPE Learning Centre locations, activities, events, and presentations are postponed until further notice.
- Drop-in services are suspended.
- The practice of transporting participants and/or ECHO tenants in staff vehicles has been suspended.
- The doors of the CMHA Swan Valley Branch Regional Head Office at 524 Main Street are locked with clear and visible signage on the doors including information on how to access modified services.
- The Doors to ECHO I Housing Complex at 123 1st Ave S.W. in Dauphin MB are locked with clear and visible signage on the doors including information on how to access Housing Staff.
- The Doors to ECHO II Housing Complex at 1327 1st Street North in Swan River MB are locked with clear and visible signage on the doors including information on how to access Housing Staff.
- The Doors to ECHO III Housing Complex at 135 1st Ave S.W. in Dauphin MB are locked with clear and visible signage on the doors including information on how to access Housing Staff.
- The Doors to ECHO IV Housing Complex at 1331 1st Street North in Swan River MB are locked with clear and visible signage on the doors including information on how to access Housing Staff.
- Out-of-town travel for conferences, presentations, trainings, and meetings has been cancelled.
- Peer Support services are available to anyone by telephone or other forms of technology such as Skype (where suitable based on privacy requirements). The number to contact for Peer Support services is 204-734-2734 EXT: 2. There will be no face-to-face Peer Support Sessions until further notice.
- Support to Housing services are available to tenants of ECHO Housing Complexes only. Support to Housing Services will be no longer than 10 minutes per tenant at a time and will be conducted in a common area that has been disinfected. Tenant and Housing Staff must abide by safe distancing protocols which are 6 feet (2 meters) apart at all times. Any tenants that are experiencing symptoms of illness will not be able to receive Support to Housing services until symptoms pass. Housing Staff WILL NOT be meeting with family members of tenants until further notice.
- Portable Housing Benefit supports including applications (over the phone or received by post mail or email), renewals and all communications will continue with no interruption. Communication between the Portable Housing Benefit staff and participants will be by phone or other forms of technology such as Skype only (where suitable based on privacy requirements) until further notice.
We will continue to monitor and review our response in partnership with public health officials and Manitoba Health. As the situation changes so too will our approach to ensure we do our part to
contain the virus and support our collective community well-being.
Thank you to all our dedicated team members, volunteers, and community members for your support and cooperation. We know it is the teamwork and our collective efforts that will make a difference!
Anyone who has questions regarding suspended or modified services can contact the Executive Director at 204-734-2734 EXT: 1.
CMHA Swan Valley Branch – Parkland and The Pas Region.